Sunday, October 10, 2010

Monk's Corner Cafe

This week's need to satisfy my id takes me off the beaten path to Clemson's neighboring town of Central for some home-cooked southern hospitality.

Unknown to a major portion of the Clemson community, Monk's Corner Cafe has long catered to those seeking a quieter atmosphere with simple reminders of traditional southern food.

Operated out of a converted Mill house on the outskirts of the town of Central (between the ONLY redlight and Wal-Mart), the food is essentially all fried but par to none.

I was born in raised in the south and I know a thing or two about a home cooked meal. My family has grown their own vegetables and killed their own meat since well before I was born. As with all Mothers that cook southern varieties of dishes, their skill is unmatched. That being said, Monk's corner is my first choice for southern style burgers, fried okra, salad, and corn hush puppies when I just don't feel like going through the effort myself.

The location itself appeals to a homey feel and the staff couldn't be more friendly and welcoming. If you're ever in the mood for a hearty solid meal, drive the extra mile and 1/2 to give Monk's a try.

However, be ye warned. They offer no soy burgers or edamame at this establishment. This food is the real deal.


Monk's Corner Cafe
107 Church Street
Central, SC 29630-4234
864.639.4957

No comments:

Post a Comment